Problems:31. The Amer Company has the following characteristics:
Sales: $1,000Total Assets: $1,000Total Debt/Total Assets: 35%EBIT: $ 200Tax rate: 40%Interest rate on total debt: 4.57%
What is Amer’s ROE? (5 points)
32. The Meryl Corporation’s common stock currently is selling at $100 per share, which represents a P/E ratio of 10. If the firm has 100 shares of common stock outstanding, a return on equity of 20 percent, and a debt ratio of 60 percent, what is its return on total assets (ROA)? (5 points)33. You deposited $1,000 in a savings account that pays 8 percent interest, compounded quarterly, planning to use it to finish your last year in college. Eighteen months later, you decide to go to the Rocky Mountains to become a ski instructor rather than continue in school, so you close out your account. How much money will you receive? (5 points)
34. Assume that you can invest to earn a stated annual rate of return of 12 percent, but where interest is compounded semiannually. If you make 20 consecutive semiannual deposits of $500 each, with the first deposit being made today, what will your balance be at the end of Year 20? (5 points)
35. In its first year of operations, 1999, the Gourmet Cheese Shoppe had earnings per share (EPS) of $0.26. Four years later, in 2003, EPS was up to $0.38, and 7 years after that, in 2010, EPS was up to $0.535. It appears that the first 4 years represented a supernormal growth situation and since then a more normal growth rate has been sustained. What are the rates of growth for the earlier period and for the later period? (5 points)
36. Treasury securities that mature in 6 years currently have an interest rate of 8.5%. Inflation is expected to be 5% each of the next three years and 6% each year after the third year. The maturity risk premium is estimated to be 0.1%(t – 1), where t is equal to the maturity of the bond (i.e., the maturity risk premium of a one-year bond is zero). The real risk-free rate is assumed to be constant over time. What is the real risk-free rate of interest? (5 points)
37. Assume that you wish to purchase a 20-year bond that has a maturity value of $1,000 and makes semiannual interest payments of $40. If you require a 10 percent simple yield to maturity on this investment, what is the maximum price you should be willing to pay for the bond? (5 points)38. Blow Glass Corporation has 100,000 shares of stock outstanding, each with a par value of $2.50 per share. Blow Glass also has another 400,000 shares of stock that are shelf registered. Blow Glass has retained earnings of $9,000,000 and additional paid-in capital of $1,000,000. What is Blow Glass’s book value per share? (5 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more