In this Assignment, you will discuss antecedents of target marketing as they relate to the video case study on Numi Organic Tea. The video case study on Numi Organic Tea describes how the company’s sampling program helps position the Numi Organic Tea brand with its target markets. The brand’s premium position ties naturally into the customer outlined in the film, but Numi is also interested in expanding outside of the major tea drinker into more casual tea drinkers. To watch the video case study: Numi Organic Tea, Click Here. http://www.cengage.com/marketing/book_content/9781133190110_lamb/videos/ch08.html
Using research from Chapter 8, answer the questions on Numi Organic Tea in the template provided. You can access the Assignment template in Doc Sharing.
Antecedents of Target Marketing
Short Essay: Write a 250 (or more) word discussion using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of segmentation, target marketing, and positioning. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
1. In the first part of the video, Jen Mullin, the vice president of Marketing for Numi Organic Tea, clearly describes their typical customer. Using the information on segmentation you learned from reading Chapter 8 in Lamb, et al. (2014), discuss who the customer is and how the Numi marketing team figured that out?
2. What is Numi’s principle marketing plan? In what way does Numi’s marketing team use what they know about their target demographic to implement their marketing plan?
Defend Your Answer Challenge: Highlight your multiple choice answer in yellow. Write a 100 (or more) word discussion in defense of your answer to the multiple choice and true/false questions using research from your textbook to help substantiate your understanding of segmentation, target marketing, and positioning. Apply APA style referencing in your writing.
3) Jen Mullin, the vice president of Marketing for Numi Organic Tea, describes their typical customer as a female, college-educated tea lover, possibly an “eco-mom.” What type of market segmentation has she used to identify this customer group?
a. Geographic segmentation
b. Demographic segmentation
c. Ethnic segmentation
d. Psychographic segmentation
4) Another way Numi Organic Tea identifies potential customers is through what they want from the product; they are looking for organic, fair-trade, premium quality tea, according to the video. What type of market segmentation is used to identify customers in this way?
a. Geographic segmentation
b. Demographic segmentation
c. Benefit segmentation
d. Usage-rate segmentation
5) Because Numi Organic Tea has identified more than one target market, for example, “eco-moms,” college students, and family travelers, they should be particularly aware of the ____________________, which helps explain how consumption patterns differ at different stages determined by a combination of age, marital status, and the presence or absence of children.
a. Family life cycle
b. 80/20 principle
c. Undifferentiated targeting strategy
d. Concentrated targeting strategy
6) The demographic variable that Numi Tea marketers were examining when they recognized that people who had discovered their product at a high-end spa or fine restaurant often shopped for groceries at Costco was _________________________.
7) Numi Tea uses premium ingredients to create a premium tea at an affordable price, according to Jen Mullin. This is a form of ______________________ that the company uses to distinguish their products from those of competitors.
a. Perceptual mapping
b. One-to-one marketing
c. Product differentiation
d. Market segmentation
8) Which of the following is the least likely targeting strategy that Numi Tea would select to market their products?
a. Undifferentiated targeting
b. Concentrated targeting
c. Multisegment targeting
d. Niche targeting
9) When Jen Mullin explains that her company’s tea is sought after as a product to include in gift bags and other promotional giveaways by companies and other organizations, she is recognizing the companies who ask Numi to provide tea samples as optimizers.
10) To graphically map the “channel conflict” between marketing Numi Tea to premium spas, hotels, and restaurants and selling the same brand at mass market stores such as Target, the company could employ perceptual mapping.
Lamb, C. W., Hair, J. F.,
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more