Antibiotics and Anti-Infectives Paper
1. An antibiotic that will kill both gram-negative and gram-positive organisms is called a(n):
a. effi cacious antibiotic
b. antistatic antibiotic
c. broad spectrum antibiotic
d. totally awesome antibiotic
2. A drug that kills bacteria directly is called:
c. an antifungal
d. effi cacious
3. A patient comes into the pharmacy, complaining of a severe yeast infection that just started after
beginning her new drug therapy. The drug responsible might be:
a. her contraceptive medication
d. the contraceptive in combination with the Amoxil
4. A patient takes large doses of oral cefamandole without consulting a physician. He really has a
viral infection, not a bacterial infection. Which of the following is most likely to happen?
a. he will experience cardiovascular complications
b. he will develop a rash
c. he will develop a superinfection
d. the viral infection will get worse
5. A patient is allergic to penicillin. The following drugs appear on the hospital order for her therapy.
You would call the attention of the pharmacist to which drug?
6. A patient is taking oral contraceptives. She takes amoxicillin for an infection. Which of the following could happen?
a. she could be miraculously cured
b. she could develop a superinfection
c. she could become pregnant, in spite of the contraceptives
d. she could develop hearing loss
7. Tazobactam may be given with penicillin for what reason?
a. it stabilizes the penicillin
b. it inhibits penicillinase
c. it is a defense against penicillin resistance
d. both b and c are correct
8. Which of the following is orally active?
a. Penicillin G
b. Penicillin G potassium
9. A local anesthetic, such as procaine, may be added to a penicillin bolus because:
a. the penicillin is more effective
b. the penicillin effects last longer
c. it allows a larger dose to be administered, for a longer lasting effect
d. it stabilizes the penicillin
10. Which of the following has a high degree of activity against gram-negative organisms?
a. Penicillin G
c. Penicillin V
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Project Researchhub is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download