Assess medical record and nursing paper
Review the medical record and nursing plan of care for
conditions that may influence the patient’s ability to move
or to be positioned. Assess for tubes, intravenous lines,
incisions, or equipment that may alter the positioning pro-
cedure. Identify any movement limitations. Consult patient
handling algorithm, if available, to plan appropriate
approach to moving the patient.
2. Perform hand hygiene and put on PPE, if indicated.
3. Identify the patient. Explain the procedure to the patient.
4. Close the room door or curtains. Place the bed at an
appropriate and comfortable working height, usually
elbow height of the caregiver (VISN 8, 2009). Adjust the
head of the bed to a flat position or as low as the patient
can tolerate. Placing the bed in slight Trendelenburg posi-
tion aids movement, if the patient is able to tolerate it.
5. Remove all pillows from under the patient. Leave one at
the head of the bed, leaning upright against the headboard.
6. Position at least one nurse on either side of the bed, and
lower both side rails.
7. If a friction-reducing sheet (or device) is not in place under
the patient, place one under the patient’s midsection.
8. Ask the patient (if able) to bend his or her legs and put his
or her feet flat on the bed to assist with the movement.
9. Have the patient fold the arms across the chest. Have the
patient (if able) lift the head with chin on chest.
10. One nurse should be positioned on each side of the bed, at
the patient’s midsection with feet spread shoulder width
apart and one foot slightly in front of the other.
11. If available on bed, engage mechanism to make the bed
surface firmer for repositioning.
12. Grasp the friction-reducing sheet securely, close to the
13. Flex your knees and hips. Tighten your abdominal and
gluteal muscles and keep your back straig
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more