Assessing child’s blood levels help
he school nurse is observing an 18-month-old child
during lunchtime in the nursery school cafeteria.
Which of the following behaviors would the nurse
expect to see?
1. The child eats everything with her fingers. Picks
up a bottle with 2 hands and drinks.
2. The child uses a spoon but drops quite a bit. Picks
up a sippy cup with 2 hands and drinks.
3. The child uses a spoon and drops very little. Picks
up a regular cup with 2 hands and drinks with
4. The child uses a fork and drops very little. Picks
up a regular cup with 1 hand and drinks with no
2. The nurse is interviewing a parent of a 2½-year-old
child. The parent states, “We are very careful about
what our child eats and drinks. For example, we
always give our child bottled water to drink.” Which
of the following responses is most appropriate for the
nurse to make?
1. “That is an excellent practice. It is so important
for children to learn to drink water.”
2. “I am so glad to hear that. Many children
consume drinks that contain empty calories.”
3. “Many parents give their children bottled water,
but unless you have been told that your water is
dangerous, it is fine to serve water from the tap.”
4. “It is your choice to serve your child bottled water,
but it is important to check the bottle to see what
substances may have been added to the water.”
3. The parents of a 2-year-old child state that their child
begins nursery school in one week. Which of the
following actions should the nurse advise the parents
to perform on the child’s first day of school?
1. When dropping the child off at school, quickly
leave the classroom when the child is not looking.
2. When preparing the child for the first day of
school, tell the child that teachers do not like bad
boys and girls.
3. Tell the child that big boys and girls never cry on
their first day of school.
4. Make sure to let the child take to school any
special object the child is attached to.
4. A nurse advises the parent of a 2-year-old that the
child will have blood drawn during that day’s
well-child checkup. The nurse should advise the
parents that the child’s blood levels are being checked
for which of the following substances?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more