Business-Team Development Paper
In this assessment, you will examine the positive and negative aspects of group/team development. Using critical thinking skills you’ll be writing a paper on what managers can do to encourage a healthy team environment. You’ll have an opportunity to investigate how the relationship among team members shape employee behavior and gain insight into how managers influence the direction of team cohesion. Completion of this assignment will strengthen your understanding of empowerment and communications.
The idea of teamwork continues to be popular, some may say, a necessity in today’s competitive environment. Successful companies such as Apple, Inc., WalMart, Target, to name a few, pride themselves on success through teamwork. But, teamwork does not simply happen. The manager must work hard to ensure there is a balance between the needs of the team and the needs of the individuals who make up the team.
Watch the following video:
This video is a synopsis of the Abilene Paradox and how groupthink influences decision making within a group. The Abilene Paradox is a story of a group of individuals who agree on a course of action based on the theory that it is best for the group, despite going against the preferences of the members of the group.
Next, write a 3 to 4-page paper on the positive and negative aspects of teamwork. Your paper should address the following questions.
1. What is teamwork and how is it different from group work?
2. What are three (3) positive reasons why a manager would prefer working with teams?
3. What are three (3) negative reasons why a manager would prefer working with teams?
4. What are the similarities between the Abilene Paradox and groupthink?
5. Name at least three (3) ways a manager might strengthen team member commitment.
6. Name one local, national, or global organization that you feel represents success through teamwork.
Lessons you acquired from the video should be reflected in your paper. This is a critical thinking assignment. Your research should not be limited to your course textbook. You are encouraged to review suggested reading material found on the Supplemental Resources page.
1. Accurate description and reference of all concepts and theories used in completing your paper.
2. Practical examples of concepts that lead to continuing interest in the topic.
3. Synthesis of concepts and theories from other course activities.
4. Well-organized clearly presented work (free from excessive spelling and grammatical errors).
5. Properly cited sources using APA 6th edition.
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Project Researchhub is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download