Evidence-Based Practice Paper Assignment
1. A nurse researcher interviews parents of children who have
diabetes and asks them to describe how they deal with their
child’s illness. The analysis of the interviews yields common
themes and stories describing the parents’ coping strategies.
This is an example of which type of study?
2. A nurse who works in a newborn nursery asks, “I wonder if
the moms who breastfeed their babies would be able to breastfeed more successfully if we played peaceful music while they
were breastfeeding.” In this example of a PICOT question, the
1. Breastfeeding moms.
3. Peaceful music.
4. The nursery.
3. A nurse researcher conducts a study that randomly assigns 100
patients who smoke and attend a wellness clinic into two
groups. One group receives the standard smoking cessation
handouts; the other group takes part in a new educational
program that includes a smoking cessation support group.
The nurse plans to compare the effectiveness of the st
treatment with the educational program. What type of a
research study is this?
4. Randomized controlled trial
4. A group of nurses have implemented an evidence-based practice (EBP) change and have evaluated the effectiveness of the
change. Their next step is to:
1. Conduct a literature review.
2. Share the findings with others.
3. Conduct a statistical analysis.
4. Create a well-defined PICOT question.
5. Arrange the following steps of evidence-based practice (EBP)
in the appropriate order:
1. Integrate the evidence.
2. Ask the burning clinical question.
3. Evaluate the practice decision or change.
4. Share the results with others.
5. Critically appraise the evidence you gather.
6. Collect the most relevant and best evidence.
6. When recruiting subjects to participate in a study about the
effects of an exercise program on balance, the researcher provides full and complete information about the purpose of the
study and gives the subjects the choice to participate or not
participate in the study. This is an example of:
4. Informed consent.
7. Nurses on a pediatric nursing unit are discussing ways to
improve patient care. One nurse asks a colleague, “I wonder
how best to measure pain in a child who has sickle cell disease?”
This question is an example of a/an:
2. PICOT question.
3. Problem-focused trigger.
4. Knowledge-focused trigger.
8. The nurses on a medical unit have seen an increase in the
number of pressure ulcers that develop in their patients. They
decide to initiate a quality improvement project using the PDSA
model. Which of the following is an example of “Do” from that
1. Implement the new skin care protocol on all medicine
2. Review the data collected on patients cared for using the
3. Review the QI reports on the six patients who developed
ulcers over the last 3 months.
4. Based on findings from patients who developed ulcers,
implement an evidence-based skin care protocol.
9. A nurse researcher decides to complete a study to evaluate
how Florence Nightingale improved patient outcomes
in the Crimean War. This is an example of what type
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Project Researchhub is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download