• The minimum amount of words to be used is 2000 and the maximm is 2500
• You may want to include graphics to make your reasoning and argumention more visual and explicative
• Font: Arial. Size: 12,5pts. Line spacing: 1,5. Text align: Justified.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
1. (20%) Explain Porter’s theory on international trade and apply it to compare two companies of different countries.
2. (20%) Use the information in the table below to answer the following questions.
Production per unit of Labour:
Clothing 400 500
Autos 200 300
(a) Does either country have an absolute advantage in the production of clothing or autos? Explain.
(b) What is the opportunity cost of autos in each country?
(c) What is the opportunity cost of clothing in each country?
(d) Analyze comparative advantage and opportunities for trade between the U.S. and France.
3. (20%) Explain the main arguments for governments to protect domestic industry.
4. (20%) Explain the role of the International Monetary Found on international investment. What does most favoured nation (MFN) mean?
5. (20%) Read the following text and answer the question below
“The golden age of globalisation, in 1990-2010, was something to behold. Commerce soared as the cost of shifting goods in ships and planes fell, phone calls got cheaper, tariffs were cut and the financial system liberalised. International activity went gangbusters, as firms set up around the world, investors roamed and consumers shopped in supermarkets with enough choice to impress Phileas Fogg.
Globalisation has slowed from light speed to a snail’s pace in the past decade for several reasons. The cost of moving goods has stopped falling. Multinational firms have found that global sprawl burns money and that local rivals often eat them alive. Activity is shifting towards services, which are harder to sell across borders: scissors can be exported in 20ft-containers, hair stylists cannot. And Chinese manufacturing has become more self-reliant, so needs to import fewer parts.”
From the article “Slowbalisation”. The Economist, Jan 24th 2019.
a) Describe the main features and drivers of globalization and compare the “golden age of globalization” to the process of slowbalization.
This task assesses the following learning outcomes:
• develop a complex understanding of the main concepts of international economics and how to apply them;
• understand and analyze the different global economic theories;
• distinguish between the different international economic systems;
• understand balance of payments and its influencers;
• explore economic integration in different economic areas
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Project Researchhub is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download