Nursing and the Health Care Environment
9. A patient is admitted to an acute care area. The patient is
an active business man who is worried about getting back
to work. He has had severe diarrhea and vomiting for the
last week. He is weak, and his breathing is labored. Using
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, identify this patient’s immediate
2. Air, water, and nutrition
4. Esteem and self-esteem needs
10. Which of the following is closely aligned with Leininger’s
1. Caring for patients from unique cultures
2. Understanding the humanistic aspects of life
3. Variables affecting a patient’s response to a stressor
4. Caring for patients who cannot adapt to internal and external environmental demands
11. Match the following theories with their definitions.
1. Grand theory
2. Middle-range theory
3. Descriptive theory
4. Prescriptive theory
A. Addresses specific phenomena
and reflect practice
B. First level in theory
development and describes a
C. Provides a structural
framework for broad concepts
D. Linked to outcomes
(consequences of specific
12. A nurse is applying Henderson’s theory as a basis for theory
based-nursing practice. Which other elements are important
for theory-based nursing practice? (Select all that apply.)
1. Knowledge of nursing science
2. Knowledge of related sciences
3. Knowledge about current health care issues
4. Knowledge of standards of practice
13. Which of the following statements apply to theory generation?
(Select all that apply.)
1. Builds scientific knowledge base of nursing
2. Discovers relationships of phenomena to practice
3. Tests specific phenomena
4. Identifies observations about a phenomenon
14. Which of the following statements about theory-based nursing
practice is incorrect?
1. Contributes to evidence-based practice
2. Provides a systematic process for designing nursing interventions
3. Is not linked to nursing outcomes
4. Guides the nurse’s assessment
15. As an art nursing relies on knowledge gained from practice
and reflection on past experiences. As a science nursing relies
on (select all that apply):
1. Experimental research.
2. Nonexperimental research.
3. Research from other disciplines.
4. Professional opinions.
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Project Researchhub is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download