The primary health care assessment
A nurse in a day-care center is observing a 2-yearold child during recess. Which of the following
actions would the nurse expect the child to perform?
1. Ride a tricycle
2. Kick a ball
3. Climb the rungs of a ladder
4. Build a sand castle
6. A mother asks which toy the nurse would suggest
she purchase for her 15-month-old child. Which of
the following would be appropriate for the nurse to
1. Model kit
3. Toy shopping cart
4. Board game
7. A mother asks the nursery school nurse, “Whenever
she is playing with other children in the playground,
my 2½-year-old keeps throwing sand in other kids’
faces. What am I to do?” Which of the following
disciplinary methods would be most appropriate for
the nurse to recommend?
1. Inform the child that she will be grounded from
going to the playground for 7 days.
2. Spank the child on her buttocks.
3. Th row sand in the child’s face.
4. Make the child sit on a bench away from the
playground for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. A 2½-year-old boy is being seen by the primary
health-care provider for a well-child checkup. Which
of the following statements by the mother would
indicate a need for teaching?
1. “I bought a potty seat and put it into the
bathroom next to the toilet. Johnny sits in it
2. “I worry that Johnny will get too close to the hot
oven, so I put him in his playroom and have him
play by himself with his toys while I’m making
3. “When Johnny has a bottle with him in his crib,
he goes to bed so much more easily. He drinks the
water, and it helps him to go to sleep.”
4. “My husband and I converted Johnny’s crib into a
toddler bed because he climbed out of the crib
twice last week.”
9. An 18-month-old boy is being seen by the primary
health-care provider for a well-child checkup. Refer
to the growth charts in Appendix A. Which of the
following assessments would indicate a need for
1. Head circumference of 18¾ in.
2. Height of 32¼ in.
3. Weight of 31¼ lb.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more